by Coach Russ Jones
The first thing when I get up is drink 32 ounces of water. I find out it is a huge advantage during my workouts during the day and rarely cramp but there are many other benefits, here are the bullet points on them.
1. One is dehydrated when you wake up, you just went 6-8 hours without drinking any water
2. It helps the body flush out toxins.
3. You will eat less. It fills up the stomach and gives one a full feeling
4. It gets your metabolism going, studies show it fires up metabolism 24% for the first 90 minutes.
5. On a personal level, many people say that have great looking skin at the age of 59. I have spent most of my life in the outdoors being a lifeguard in my teens and early 20’s and workout in the sun almost every day of my life. Drinking lots of water has certainly paid benefits on keeping my skin healthy.
Make it a habit, drink at least 16 ounces and preferably 32 ounces as you as you get up. It will pay many HEALTH benefits.