I eat 4-6 bananas on a daily basis, being a competitive athlete I find out that they are the perfect food for pre workout and race energy. I also slice them for my daily Cheerios breakfast and PM snack where I put all natural crunchy peanut butter in the middle, yummy and super healthy. For the non athlete 1-2 bananas daily, the weekend warrior 2-3 daily and the more competitive athlete 3-4 would suffice. There are so so many benefits of eating benefits, here is my David Letterman top 10 list of them 🙂
1. Pack a great energy punch for a workout.
2. Sustain your blood sugar during a workout
3. Protects against muscle cramping during workouts and nighttime leg cramps, loaded with potassium.
4. Potassium is helpful in lowering blood pressure.
5. The fiber, vitamin C and B6 in bananas all support heart health.
6. The high fiber in bananas helps normalize bowel movement.
7. High levels on tryptophan which is converted into serotonin which is a mood enhancer, I want to be happy 🙂
8. A great snack anywhere or any time.
9. A medium banana is only 100 calories, compared to most snacks and energy bars are in the range of 200-300 calories.
10 There are very inexpensive compared to other snacks or fruits.