by Tim Mount, CN, CCMH
This recipe is an adaptation from Amanda Fraijo-Tobin’s original Orange-Cranberry Collagen Gummies recipe, posted on her blog FridayLoveSong.net at http://www.fridaylovesong.net/orange-cranberry-collagen-gummies/. Please go check it out!
Recently at the Natural Healthfest show in Plano, Texas I made a batch of “beauty gelatin” that was absolutely, positively delicious! The snack was an enjoyable, simple way to take our NeoCell Beauty Infusion product – and let me tell you, this recipe got rave reviews. It only takes a few minutes to make and stores well in the fridge.
The only sweeteners in the recipe are from the 100% No Sugar Added Cranberry Juice, plus the 3 grams of sugars (12 calories) and non-caloric stevia/erythritol blend in our Beauty Infusion. But it packs a beautiful punch with collagen for wrinkle reduction, hyaluronic acid for skin moisturization, biotin for hair and nails thickness, alpha lipoic acid for skin-specific antioxidant protection and vitamin C for additional collagen support.
It’s so addictingly delectable you may not believe it’s good for you! Give some to your kids – I bet they won’t even know our NeoCell beauty gelatin is a supplement.
Note: since collagen comes from gelatin, it isn’t a competitive protein and won’t reduce the effectiveness of our hydrolyzed NeoCell Collagen.
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 2/3 cup 100% Cranberry Juice (no sugar added)**
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin**
- 2-3 scoops Appletini flavored NeoCell Beauty Infusion, depending on desired strength and flavor
- 1 package sample cups with lids** or small glass containers
***found at most department and grocery stores for a relatively inexpensive cost
- Warm the cranberry juice in a small pot over high heat. Remove from heat once hot, but before boiling.
- Dissolve Beauty Infusion Appletini and unflavored gelatin in the water. I used a shaker cup.
- Combine the liquids and stir with a whisk.
- Allow to cool until a safe temperature to pour into the plastic containers. I used a liquid measuring cup for simple pouring.
- Place in refrigerator and eat once solidified.
Also try experimenting with other flavor combinations like Grape Juice and Cranberry Splash Beauty Infusion.
Tip: For your next party, you may want to replace some of the water with vodka for an adult version of the beauty gelatin. You may not feel great the next morning, but at least you’ll look amazing!